Friday, September 21, 2007

Pumpkin Pancakes

Just thought I would share another fall recipe. At my house pumpkin pancakes are a big favorite. Here is the easy recipe:

You will need:
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1 cup milk
1/2 cup cooked pumpkin (canned)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth. Heat griddle or electric frying pan to medium to high temperature. (We heat our electric frying pan to 350'F) Lightly grease pan with oil/cooking spray. For each pancake, drop a large spoonful of batter into the pan. When the pancake bubbles, turn over. Cook the other side until brown. Serve with butter and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. My mom likes to top her pancakes with applesauce and sometimes adds in pecans.

The recipe makes about 1 dozen pancakes 3-4" in diameter.

Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Now you did it, I am going to have to make these tomorrow for the family. :)

You know these are my favorite.

Love,
Mom