Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring Nature Walk Worksheet

Last spring I put together a Spring Nature Walk Worksheet which I shared here on my blog. If you haven't already seen it, be sure to check it out.

Spring is a perfect time to get out and enjoy the changing seasons. Because spring is a time of change, it can be really exciting to spend a little extra time in nature study- observing new growth, listening to streams rushing from runoff and hunting out wildflowers.

My worksheet is designed to get you and your kids outside, looking for specific things and spending time exploring nature using your different senses. On this worksheet I have included a space to sketch something you find during your nature walk if you have not yet started your own nature journal.

If you use this nature walk worksheet, feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing how people are using my scavenger hunt worksheets.

--------------

And if you are looking to include more nature study in your homeschool, be sure to check out my Spring Art, Handicraft and Nature Study Kit. The nature study portion of this kit focuses on frogs- a fun topic I am sure you and your children will enjoy studying together.

No comments: