Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Charlotte Mason Blog Carnival July 21st Edition


Welcome to the July 21, 2009 edition of the Charlotte Mason blog carnival.

I am happy to be hosting this edition of the Charlotte Mason blog carnival. There are a lot of great entries this time, which I am sure you will enjoy. If it is summer where you live, it sure is here (over 105' yesterday!) pour yourself a nice cold drink and read through these inspiring posts.
~Kris~ presents Works for Me Wednesday: Nature Study posted at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers. Kris shares with us her new approach to include nature study in her homeschool.

Barb presents Nature Notebooks-Like a Travel Journal posted at Handbook of Nature Study. In her post, Barb tells us how her family uses their nature notebooks when traveling to use as a travel journal.

Barb also shares with us her post Picture Study Tip: Using a Viewfinder, from her other blog Harmony Art Mom. I really enjoyed this post about how changing which portion of a piece of artwork we view can help us in our picture study.

Amanda shares with everyone a fun summertime activity- Making Your Own Playdough! This easy and fun project is sure to be a hit with your family.
Kris presents Book Sale Manager web site posted at Science of Relations. Here Kris shares with us her resource for finding books for her Charlotte Mason style homeschool at a reasonable price.

Heather presents Frog and Toad are Friends posted at Well Read, saying, "Well Read is my new blog that shares the many ways that my family has extended learning beyond the pages of great living books. The article I'm submitting is about ways to extend the book Frog and Toad are Friends by Arnold Lobel. I hope you enjoy it."

Jeanne presents Vivaldi's Women posted at A peaceful day. Jeanne tells us about her composer study of Vivaldi and how much she enjoys including study of classical composers in her homeschool. She also shares with us her post Training my daughter to pray posted at A peaceful day.


Lizzie shares with us her plans for Ambleside Year 3 in her post Year 3 on her blog A Dusty Frame.

Heather presents Math posted at Maple Hill Academy. She tells us her resources for making math fun in her homeschool.

Penny presents Learning to Eat the Frog! posted at Our Crazy Adventures in autismland!. She shares how she is teaching her children the valuable life skill of time management, even at a young age.

That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of
the charlotte mason blog carnival using our carnival submission form.
Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.


Technorati tags:
, .

7 comments:

Kris said...

Thanks so much for hosting especially with the beautiful artwork!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for hosting this edition of the carnival! I shall enjoy reading!

One thing, would you mind removing my surname please? My hubby prefers it. Thanks a heap.

A Dusty Frame said...

Thanks for putting this together!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Great job on putting together the carnival! I've enjoyed every entry. Thanks again for hosting!

Barb said...

What a beautiful carnival! I love all the artwork, especially the first one.

Thanks for hosting this edition of the carnival.

Mom-Harmony Art Mom

Heather said...

Thanks for hosting a great carnival. I enjoyed the beautiful artwork in the post too! It's always so fun to share and learn from each other. Thanks for including me.

Richele said...

Sorry that it's taken me this long to get over here.

Ditto on the artwork, I had never before seen the Klimt sunflower and my, how that Bonnard warmed my soul as we've had nothing but rain here.

The diversity of the carnival posts certainly speaks to the riches of a CM education!

I'm looking forward to exploring your site in more depth as well.